48 Yale Street
** CLOSED **
Sale Price: $625,000
Welcome to a great opportunity to take full advantage of all Maplewood has to offer in a Colonial that successfully marries classic charm with today’s modern amenities. Framed by tall trees and colorful plantings, the curved front walk and portico extend a warm welcome.
Step through the charming foyer/ sunroom to the lovely formal living room, awash in sunlight, courtesy of tall windows and with a wood-burning fireplace as the focal point.
The country kitchen overlooks the back yard and has a handy breakfast nook.
Formal dining takes place in the adjoining dining room with beautiful ribbon inlay wood floors. There is a powder room on the main floor as well.
Up the stately turned staircase to the second level, there are three spacious bedrooms and a fully renovated main bathroom. The master bedroom features an extra large closet.
The finished third floor includes a bedroom with pleasant treetop views, a huge seasonal closet in the hallway and an additional bonus loft space for a library or home office. This floor also has great master suite potential.
The lower level includes a recreation room with carpeting, recessed lighting, wet bar, mudroom, storage, utilities and a spacious, fully equipped laundry room.
The fully fenced backyard includes a new paver patio with a charming pergola overhead and all the space you need for entertaining, gardening, and active play. A two-car garage was completely rebuilt in 1986.
As with any property, location is key! From this quiet street, it is just under 1 mile to Maplewood’s charming Village shops and restaurants, schools, recreation and NYC commuter trains. Zoned for the desirable Tuscan Elementary School.
- 4 Bedrooms/ 2.1 Full Baths
- Built: 1924
- Lot Size: 50X100 (.17 acres)
- 2016 Taxes: $ 15,093
- New furnace flue liner (2017)
- Completely renovated 2nd Floor main bath (2015)
- Basement remodel w/ wet bar, full bathroom, mudroom & laundry room (2013)
- New front walk (2012)
- New patio, pergola (2012)
- French drains (2012)
- New water heater (2011)
- New kitchen appliances (range, microwave, dishwasher) (2011)
- Central A/C installed (2010)
- Upgrade to 200 Amp electrical service (2010)
- Electricity to garage, new gutters installed, garage door opener (2010)
- Hardwood floors refinished (2009)
- 2-Car garage rebuilt in 1986 (w/ handy loft space) & repainted in 2014
- Private backyard & professionally landscaped property includes mature trees, foundation shrubbery & specimen plantings
- Prime location just blocks to NYC commuter trains, Village shopping, parks and recreation and neighborhood schools.
- Easy access to major highways and business centers